Fire in landfill site in Suffolk
A BLAZE has broken out in a landfill site on the B1113 in Great Blakenham which is spreading quickly and has injured a man.The fire is thought to have been started by a piece of machinery in a shed shortly after 11am today.
A BLAZE has broken out in a landfill site on the B1113 in Great Blakenham which is spreading quickly and has injured a man.
The fire is thought to have been started by a piece of machinery in a shed shortly after 11am today.
But the blaze, at Mason's Landfill Site, quickly spread in the paper recycling warehouse which measures 100 metres by 40 metres.
It has also caught on to the offices of the site and has been described by a spokeswoman for the fire brigade as “being fought offensively”.
You may also want to watch:
One man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with smoke inhalation and around 30 employees have had to be evacuated.
There are believed to be six fire engines, a turn table ladder, fire control vehicle and one ambulance on the scene at the moment.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads