Fire leaves family homeless
A FAMILY has been left following a fire in Essex that killed a dog and left a man suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.Flames took hold in a property in De Marci Court, Braintree, at shortly before 11pm last night.
A FAMILY has been left following a fire in Essex that killed a dog and left a man suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.
Flames took hold in a property in De Marci Court, Braintree, at shortly before 11pm last night.
The fire, which started in the kitchen, completely smoke logged the entire property - a terraced home on two storeys.
All four occupants, two adults and two children, managed to escape before crews arrived but two dogs were rescued from the house, one of which died as a result of this fire.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a single hose reel jet to control the blaze by 11.36pm.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman