AN INVESTIGATION is today starting into how a suspicious fire started at the Hi-Q tyre shop in Holywells Road.The tyre depot caught fire after a blaze spread from a mound of tyres at about 7.
AN INVESTIGATION is today starting into how a suspicious fire started at the Hi-Q tyre shop in Holywells Road.
The tyre depot caught fire after a blaze spread from a mound of tyres at about 7.45pm yesterday.
They had to remove some of the panels on the building to tackle the flames, which took about 45 minutes to put out.
The incident was part of a busy night for Suffolk fire crews.
You may also want to watch:
A pub was evacuated last night after a fire was discovered in the first-floor toilets.
Firefighters were called to Giles Tavern in Princes Street, Ipswich, at about 9.45pm and it took them about ten minutes to put the blaze out.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Three crews were called to a blaze in which 30 tonnes of straw and an articulated trailer had caught alight.
Firefighters from Saxmundham were called to the fire in Yoxford at about 3.40pm yesterday and then asked for back-up from crews from Leiston and Halesworth.
The fire was put out by about 4.45pm, but crews remained at the scene to break the smouldering straw into pieces so it could burn out properly.
Fire crews were also called to two car fires. The first happened at 11.25pm yesterday on the B1068 at Higham and the second was in the playing field of St Joseph's College in Belstead Road, Ipswich at 4.40am today. Both fires were quickly under control.