AN INVESTIGATION is today starting into how a suspicious fire started at the Hi-Q tyre shop in Holywells Road.The tyre depot caught fire after a blaze spread from a mound of tyres at about 7.
AN INVESTIGATION is today starting into how a suspicious fire started at the Hi-Q tyre shop in Holywells Road.
The tyre depot caught fire after a blaze spread from a mound of tyres at about 7.45pm yesterday.
They had to remove some of the panels on the building to tackle the flames, which took about 45 minutes to put out.
The incident was part of a busy night for Suffolk fire crews.
A pub was evacuated last night after a fire was discovered in the first-floor toilets.
Firefighters were called to Giles Tavern in Princes Street, Ipswich, at about 9.45pm and it took them about ten minutes to put the blaze out.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 6 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 7 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 10 Ipswich bus fares to increase after 'significant' drop in usage
Three crews were called to a blaze in which 30 tonnes of straw and an articulated trailer had caught alight.
Firefighters from Saxmundham were called to the fire in Yoxford at about 3.40pm yesterday and then asked for back-up from crews from Leiston and Halesworth.
The fire was put out by about 4.45pm, but crews remained at the scene to break the smouldering straw into pieces so it could burn out properly.
Fire crews were also called to two car fires. The first happened at 11.25pm yesterday on the B1068 at Higham and the second was in the playing field of St Joseph's College in Belstead Road, Ipswich at 4.40am today. Both fires were quickly under control.