Fire rips through shed

THESE dramatic photos, caught on camera by a stunned onlooker, show the damage caused by a blaze which ripped through two garden sheds in Ipswich.

THESE dramatic photos, caught on camera by a stunned onlooker, show the damage caused by a blaze which ripped through two garden sheds in Ipswich.

Firefighters tackling the burning shed in Phillip Road had to take cover when a gas cylinder exploded.

The fire broke out at around 1pm yesterday and spread to another shed and surrounding trees.

Andy Hollis, who lives close by and captured the dramatic events on camera, said a propane gas cylinder blew up in the flames.

He added: “I heard weird noises, looked out of my window and it was smoky. I saw the fire and phoned the fire service but they had already been called. A gas cylinder exploded and I had to duck down.”

The fire was contained but it is understood one of the sheds was totally destroyed.