Firebugs caught on film
HADLEIGH'S firebugs have struck again.Residents in Pykenham Way were woken in the early hours of yesterday morning when a car parked in the street went up in flames.
By Jo Macdonald
HADLEIGH'S firebugs have struck again.
Residents in Pykenham Way were woken in the early hours of yesterday morning when a car parked in the street went up in flames.
The drama was caught on camera by David Kennington, who lives just a few doors down from the scene of the fire, which started shortly after 1am.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kennington, 23, said: "I was sitting at home watching television when I heard a lot of shouting outside. I ignored it thinking it was probably someone who was drunk but then I heard mum and dad walking about and they said another car was on fire.
"I grabbed my camera and went out. There were a lot of people stood at their front doors watching. I don't know who the car belonged to though."
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 7 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 10 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
Firefighters from the town were called and took about 15 minutes to bring it under control. They confirmed they are treating the fire as suspicious.
Today the car is a burnt out shell. It has been completely destroyed and hardly a patch of the vehicle remains untouched by the fire.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…