Four sheds on fire in Whitton
- Credit: DAVID CREASEY
Firefighters have tackled a fire that spread to four sheds in gardens in the Whitton area of Ipswich.
The Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the scene of the fire in Goldsmith Road around 8.10pm Tuesday, May 26.
One fire engine was sent to tackle the blaze, although a second was mobilised due to the fact “a lot of black smoke had been seen in the distance”, a spokesman said.
On arrival, the crews found four sheds and fencing “well alight”.
Crews used three hose reels and a 45ml jet to extinguish the flames, before a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
The fire service left the scene shortly after 9.20pm.
The cause of the fire has not yet been disclosed.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 3 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 4 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 5 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 6 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 7 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 8 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 9 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 10 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average