Firefighters attend flat fire in Back Hamlet caused by chip pan

Fire crews attended to the overturned vehicle

Fire crews attended to the overturned vehicle - Credit: Archant

Two fire engines from Princes Street were sent to a flat fire earlier this evening.

They were called to the incident in Back Hamlet at 7.04pm after it was reported smoke was coming from the property.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hosereel to bring the fire, caused by a chip pan in the kitchen, under control.

Two occupants of the flat were given oxygen and left in the care of the ambulance service.