Firefighters attend series of bin fires
SUFFOLK fire crews were called to a series of wheelie bin blazes in the county today.Fires were reported throughout the morning in Ipswich, Stowmarket and Lowestoft.
SUFFOLK fire crews were called to a series of wheelie bin blazes in the county today.
Fires were reported throughout the morning in Ipswich, Stowmarket and Lowestoft.
The Ipswich fire, in a bin on Burlington Road, was reported at around 1.43am and was out by 1.51am.
At 3.05am a crew attended a further bin fire in Carlton Road, Lowestoft, which was out by 3.18am.
The third fire was reported at 5.55am in Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket.
Firefighters used a single hose reel to douse the flames by 6.08am.
- 1 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 2 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 3 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 9 Racing bike worth more than £1,000 stolen outside Sainsbury's in Ipswich
- 10 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
A crew was also called to tackle an undergrowth fire on Rushmere Heath, in Tasmania Road, Ipswich.
The blaze was reported at around 6.16am and a single hose reel was used to extinguish the fire by 6.26am.