Firefighters busy with weekend blazes
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to two car blazes in the county.
FIREFIGHTERS tackled 200 square metres of grass and undergrowth in Bury Road, Ipswich.
The blaze began at 6.10pm yesterday.
On Saturday a fire crew dealt with a car fire at Paper Mill Lane, Claydon, at 9.20pm, while another crew was called to the recreation ground at Cobham Road, Ipswich, where a second car blaze had been reported at 10pm.
In Wetheringsett, a crew went to High Fields, Pages Green, at 9pm on Saturday where trees in a garden were on fire.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the day Ipswich firefighters spent around 15minutes fighting a blaze at Rushmere Heath, at around 5.10pm, and around an hour tackling a stubble fire off the A12 at Copdock between noon at 1pm.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again