Firefighters rescue man and dog from Ipswich house blaze

Fire in chip shop.

Fire in chip shop.

A man and a pet dog have been rescued from a house fire in Ipswich.

It broke out in Austin Street at about 10.30pm on Tuesday evening – firefighters were called and located a small blaze in the kitchen of the premises.

They rescued one man and a dog, who were both unharmed. It is understood the man was treated at the scene by East of England Ambulance Trust crews.

Fire crews from Princes Street station had the fire under control within 15 minutes.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter