Firefighters rush to reports of ‘thick black smoke’ in Rushmere St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
Two fire engines are currently at the scene of a fire in Rushmere St Andrew.
Crews from Ipswich East and Princes Street were called to reports of a blaze in The Street at around 6pm today.
They were sent to an address which is close to the road’s junction with Playford Road.
Witnesses reported seeing thick black smoke in the area shortly after firefighters arrived.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue service is expected to provide an update on the situation with more specific details within the next few minutes.
Stay with us for updates on this developing news story – we will provide more information as soon as we receive it from the emergency services.
Download our breaking news apps for the Ipswich Star and EADT by clicking here.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 5 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 6 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring