Firefighters still at the scene of fire
FIREFIGHTERS are today still at the scene of a huge blaze at a Suffolk printing works.Seventy firefighters were called to the fire just before 8.45pm yesterday at the premises of the Shepherd's Grove industrial estate at Stanton, near Bury St Edmunds.
FIREFIGHTERS are today still at the scene of a huge blaze at a Suffolk printing works.
Seventy firefighters were called to the fire just before 8.45pm yesterday at the premises of the Shepherd's Grove industrial estate at Stanton, near Bury St Edmunds.
Suffolk fire service said a lack of water at the scene hampered firefighting efforts, with more than half of the two-storey building in flames.
Crews battled to stop the fire spreading to an adjoining warehouse for most of the night and are today dampening down the area.
A full investigation into the cause of the fire has been launched today.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 3 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 6 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed