Firefighters tackle factory blaze
MORE than 150 fire fighters were dealing with a massive factory blaze in a Suffolk town today.Flames tore through the Premier Foods factory, in Mildenhall Road, Bury St Edmunds at about 1.
MORE than 150 fire fighters were dealing with a massive factory blaze in a Suffolk town today.
Flames tore through the Premier Foods factory, in Mildenhall Road, Bury St Edmunds at about 1.30am.
The fire is thought to have started in some wooden pallets, but soon after a loud explosion was heard as a gas cylinder went up in flames.
The 40 workers inside the building at the time of the incident had already been evacuated by this time and no one was injured.
Fire investigators were this morning probing the cause of the incident. It is not yet known what caused it.
See tonight's special edition Evening Star for the full story.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 5 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
Available at: Court News, Glastonbury Road, Bury St Edmunds; Sainsbury's, Morton Hall, Bury St Edmunds; Evening Star/EADT Bury Office, Buttermarket, Bury St Edmunds.