Firm foundations for new GP surgery
BUILDING work to re-house one of Felixstowe's longest-established GP practices has started.The first spade hit the earth this week to begin the nine-month construction of a new surgery for The Howard House practice.
BUILDING work to re-house one of Felixstowe's longest-established GP practices has started.
The first spade hit the earth this week to begin the nine-month construction of a new surgery for The Howard House practice.
But patients need not worry about a big upheaval because the current practice in Leopold Road is only moving a few steps away to Orwell Road.
The practice made the decision to move after the five GPs there found the premises they have had for many years too crowded.
You may also want to watch:
In May 2003 they hope to be able to move to the new, modern two-storey building with a pharmacy which will be managed by another company.
The building work will begin with the demolition of a bungalow to make way for the foundations, between the senior citizens' day center and the now closed Felixstowe Surplus Stores.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 8 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
The red-brick building will also feature parking for doctors and an ambulance bay. It will open 8.15am to 6.30pm weekdays and 8.30am to 11.30am Saturdays.