Firm foundations for new GP surgery
BUILDING work to re-house one of Felixstowe's longest-established GP practices has started.The first spade hit the earth this week to begin the nine-month construction of a new surgery for The Howard House practice.
BUILDING work to re-house one of Felixstowe's longest-established GP practices has started.
The first spade hit the earth this week to begin the nine-month construction of a new surgery for The Howard House practice.
But patients need not worry about a big upheaval because the current practice in Leopold Road is only moving a few steps away to Orwell Road.
The practice made the decision to move after the five GPs there found the premises they have had for many years too crowded.
In May 2003 they hope to be able to move to the new, modern two-storey building with a pharmacy which will be managed by another company.
The building work will begin with the demolition of a bungalow to make way for the foundations, between the senior citizens' day center and the now closed Felixstowe Surplus Stores.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 4 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 5 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 6 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 9 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
- 10 Huge response to plans for new Ipswich medical centre
The red-brick building will also feature parking for doctors and an ambulance bay. It will open 8.15am to 6.30pm weekdays and 8.30am to 11.30am Saturdays.