Firm foundations for new GP surgery
BUILDING work to re-house one of Felixstowe's longest-established GP practices has started.The first spade hit the earth this week to begin the nine-month construction of a new surgery for The Howard House practice.
BUILDING work to re-house one of Felixstowe's longest-established GP practices has started.
The first spade hit the earth this week to begin the nine-month construction of a new surgery for The Howard House practice.
But patients need not worry about a big upheaval because the current practice in Leopold Road is only moving a few steps away to Orwell Road.
The practice made the decision to move after the five GPs there found the premises they have had for many years too crowded.
You may also want to watch:
In May 2003 they hope to be able to move to the new, modern two-storey building with a pharmacy which will be managed by another company.
The building work will begin with the demolition of a bungalow to make way for the foundations, between the senior citizens' day center and the now closed Felixstowe Surplus Stores.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 6 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021
The red-brick building will also feature parking for doctors and an ambulance bay. It will open 8.15am to 6.30pm weekdays and 8.30am to 11.30am Saturdays.