First glimpse of new Town shirts
TODAY The Evening Star brings you the first glimpse of the new strip Ipswich Town will be wearing next season.Superkids Darren Ambrose and Darren Bent took time off from training to model the new shirts carrying the logo of sponsors Powergen.
TODAY The Evening Star brings you the first glimpse of the new strip Ipswich Town will be wearing next season.
Superkids Darren Ambrose and Darren Bent took time off from training to model the new shirts carrying the logo of sponsors Powergen.
The Powergen name will replace TXU Energi next season after it took over the Ipswich-based power company at the end of last year.
And supporters are being offered a special deal to buy existing away shirts at half price - £19.99 for adults and £14.99 for children.
You may also want to watch:
The new shirts will go on sale in club shops and on its internet site from June.
The Star revealed that the name on the shirts would have to change when the takeover was confirmed – the TXU Energi brand name will be phased out by May.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
The sponsorship deal was included when Powergen bought TXU's British retail business, but until today both sides have been tight-lipped about next season's shirt logo.
Town's home strip was due to change anyway under the policy of retaining a strip for two years at a time.
But the maroon away strip has another year to run – so existing supplies of the shirt with the TXU logo will be sold at a reduced price from tomorrow.
The away shirt with the Powergen logo will also be sold at a reduced price when it goes into the shops.
Powergen today confirmed it was fully committed to the sponsorship of Ipswich Town, including the Women's Team and the Community Project.
The company's sales and marketing director Paul Parmenter said: "We are very much looking forward to continuing the sponsorship of Ipswich Town and will work closely with all areas of the club, as well as the fans and the local media."
Club commercial director Paul Clouting said: "We are delighted that Powergen will be continuing the association started with TXU Energi"