First round the sweetest for festival
HADLEIGH'S first ever beer festival gets underway tomorrow and organisers are hoping for a bumper turnout.The Hadleigh United Supporters Club-organised event is being held from 11am to 11pm at the football club, in Tinkers Lane.
HADLEIGH'S first ever beer festival gets underway tomorrow and organisers are hoping for a bumper turnout.
The Hadleigh United Supporters Club-organised event is being held from 11am to 11pm at the football club, in Tinkers Lane.
Organiser Andy Grimsey has been trying to get a beer festival up and running in the town for the past five years.
He said: "I just feel there's niche market for this kind of thing in Hadleigh. A lot of hard work has gone into it and we want it to be a success."
You may also want to watch:
There will 13 types of real ale on offer and two real ciders. Each pint will be priced at £2.
Live music will entertain the crowds, with singer Louis Newman kicking things off at 1pm.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
Guitarist and singer Steve Linton will take to the stage from 3.30pm, while the Gordon Bennett band will headline the event from 8pm.
Admission costs £3 for adults but accompanied children will be admitted free of charge.