First round the sweetest for festival
HADLEIGH'S first ever beer festival gets underway tomorrow and organisers are hoping for a bumper turnout.The Hadleigh United Supporters Club-organised event is being held from 11am to 11pm at the football club, in Tinkers Lane.
HADLEIGH'S first ever beer festival gets underway tomorrow and organisers are hoping for a bumper turnout.
The Hadleigh United Supporters Club-organised event is being held from 11am to 11pm at the football club, in Tinkers Lane.
Organiser Andy Grimsey has been trying to get a beer festival up and running in the town for the past five years.
He said: "I just feel there's niche market for this kind of thing in Hadleigh. A lot of hard work has gone into it and we want it to be a success."
You may also want to watch:
There will 13 types of real ale on offer and two real ciders. Each pint will be priced at £2.
Live music will entertain the crowds, with singer Louis Newman kicking things off at 1pm.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 New special school planned for former BT site
- 5 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 8 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 12 flats could be built at former offices
Guitarist and singer Steve Linton will take to the stage from 3.30pm, while the Gordon Bennett band will headline the event from 8pm.
Admission costs £3 for adults but accompanied children will be admitted free of charge.