Five arrests at travellers' site raid
FIVE people were arrested today following a spate of crimes on the A14 where lives have been put at risk by vandals throwing, firing and placing objects on the carriageway.
FIVE people were arrested today following a raid in connection with a spate of crimes on the A14 where lives have been put at risk by vandals throwing, firing and placing objects on the carriageway.
Police swooped at West Meadows travellers' site in Bury Road, Ipswich, bringing in five people for questioning in connection with a series of alleged offences.
The youngest person arrested was a 12-year-old boy, held on suspicion of criminal damage.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage with intent to endanger life; a 17-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of theft; a 15-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and a 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing danger to road users.
You may also want to watch:
Seven air weapons were also seized.
See tonight's Evening Star for the full story.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period