Five fire crews called to tackle blaze in Bucklesham barn containing farming machinery
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters from five Suffolk stations were called to a farm near Ipswich after a barn containing machinery went up in flames.
The blaze broke out on Sunday morning in a farm building off Tenth Road, just west of the A14, at Bucklesham.
Fire crews from Ipswich East, Princes Street, Woodbridge, Felixstowe and Leiston stations were called to the scene shortly before 10am.
They arrived at the farm to find a barn “well alight”, according to a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
The building measured 20 metres by 10m and was said to have contained farming machinery.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘stop message’ was recorded, indicating the fire had been extinguished, just before 11.25am.
The fire service spokesman said the cause of the blaze had yet to be established, adding that the incident had caused no risk to public safety.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes