It’s the generation game! Baby Jayda makes it five for Ipswich family
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich family are celebrating after the arrival of baby Jayda Brimble - their fifth generation.
Jayda, now aged three weeks, was the perfect Christmas present for proud parents Jack Brimble and Jemma Bird when she was born on December 23.
She also made it a Christmas to remember for her paternal family by becoming its fifth generation, following dad Jack, grandmother Jo Rundell, great grandmother Debbie Brimble and great great grandmother Joyce Wells.
Joyce said she was “overjoyed” with the birth of her first great-great-grandchild.
“I couldn’t believe the news to start with when Jack told us that Jemma was pregnant – but Jayda really is beautiful and I love babies,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s really important for me to have a big family. I’ve got seven children, 21 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren and now Jayda is my first great-great-grandchild so her arrival is really special.”
Debbie said: “She was the most beautiful Christmas present, I couldn’t have asked for anything better.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 6 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 9 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
“It’s great that my mum and I are both around to meet Jayda, not many people get to see their great-grandchildren grow up.
“It’s also very rare for families to have five generations, but we all spend a lot of time together.
“I had Jo when I was quite young but I think it has made us closer with there being only 20 years between us.”
Jemma and boyfriend Jack, who works at Waitrose, currently live with Debbie in Maidenhall.
“Having Jack, Jemma and now Jayda living with me keeps me young and involved in their lives,” said Debbie,
The family tree starts in August 1940 when Joyce was born.
She gave birth to Debbie in 1960, Jo was born in 1980, and dad Jack arrived in 1999.
Jayda was born weighing in at just over seven pounds and was originally due on Jemma’s birthday of December 19.
She said: “I’m loving being a mother to Jayda Louise, it is amazing and it made this Christmas even more special.
“She has been really well behaved so far, I’m very lucky, especially with the support I have around me.”