Five go wild at drug accusation
FIVE teenagers mistakenly reported as suspected smugglers today declared: "We are not drug barons."They accused police of over-reacting and damaging their property when searching them during an incident at Felixstowe Ferry.
FIVE teenagers mistakenly reported as suspected smugglers today declared: "We are not drug barons."
They accused police of over-reacting and damaging their property when searching them during an incident at Felixstowe Ferry.
The group, from Ipswich and Kesgrave, were enjoying a fun day out on the water when it
suddenly turned into a nightmare – and now they are seeking compensation.
You may also want to watch:
Officers were called to the Ferry after shore patrol volunteers went to rescue the group's powerboat when it got stuck on the Deben bar.
The rescuers claimed they saw suspect packages in the craft and later alleged they had been thrown overboard while the boat was being towed in.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 8 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR