Five go wild at drug accusation
FIVE teenagers mistakenly reported as suspected smugglers today declared: "We are not drug barons."They accused police of over-reacting and damaging their property when searching them during an incident at Felixstowe Ferry.
FIVE teenagers mistakenly reported as suspected smugglers today declared: "We are not drug barons."
They accused police of over-reacting and damaging their property when searching them during an incident at Felixstowe Ferry.
The group, from Ipswich and Kesgrave, were enjoying a fun day out on the water when it
suddenly turned into a nightmare – and now they are seeking compensation.
Officers were called to the Ferry after shore patrol volunteers went to rescue the group's powerboat when it got stuck on the Deben bar.
The rescuers claimed they saw suspect packages in the craft and later alleged they had been thrown overboard while the boat was being towed in.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 4 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 5 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 6 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 9 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR