Five in court over charges involving three Ipswich armed robberies
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Three men and two women have appeared in court to face charges relating to three armed robberies in Ipswich last year.
Tyren Brooks, 26, of Ipswich, Darryl Malone, 24, of Harvey Road, Colchester, Colin Weeding, 26, of Ipswich, and Sian Warner, 24, of Stonechat Road, Ipswich, are all charged with conspiracy to commit robbery between March 3, 2014 and May 2, 2014.
Courtney Parker, 18, of Campion Road, Ipswich, is accused of a money laundering charge allegedly involving £1,000.
She is said to have deposited the money into a bank account.
The charges arise out of an investigation into armed raids at Dales Road post office on March 23, Coral bookmakers in Stoke Park Drive Centre on April 10, and the robbery of a G4S driver in Lovetofts Drive on May 1.
All five defendants appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich for the first hearing of their cases.
District Judge Celia Dawson told the accused the seriousness of the charges meant the allegations would have to be sent to Ipswich Crown Court.
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 3 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 4 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 5 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year
- 6 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 7 Inside Shrubland Hall: The James Bond mansion with no licence to wed
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 9 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 10 Drunk driver travelled up A14 slip road the wrong way
A preliminary hearing was scheduled for March 1.
Warner and Parker were released on bail. Brooks, Malone, and Weeding were remanded in custody.