Flat blaze in Cambridgeshire

ONE person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a second floor flat in Great Shelford, Cambridgeshire, early this morning.

ONE person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a second floor flat in Great Shelford, Cambridgeshire, early this morning.

Three engines were called to the Cambridge Road blaze, which was confined to the living room, at 4.07am. It is believed to have been started by candles near a television.

A smoke alarm alerted the inhabitants. Fire officers warned the public of the dangers of leaving candles unattended.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter