Flat fire in Ipswich
CHARRED furniture remains littered the pavement today after fire ripped through an Ipswich flat.The acrid smell of smoke hung around the flat, which had been left boarded-up after the blaze was put out.
CHARRED furniture remains littered the pavement today after fire ripped through an Ipswich flat.
The acrid smell of smoke hung around the flat, which was boarded-up after the blaze was put out.
Two fire engines from Princes Street station rushed to the scene on St Helen's Street after the alarm was raised just after 4am today.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus spent just over an hour using one hose reel to extinguish the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The scene was declared safe at 5.20am. There were no injuries.
No-one was available at the flat for comment as The Evening Star went to press.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete