Flat fire in Ipswich
CHARRED furniture remains littered the pavement today after fire ripped through an Ipswich flat.The acrid smell of smoke hung around the flat, which had been left boarded-up after the blaze was put out.
CHARRED furniture remains littered the pavement today after fire ripped through an Ipswich flat.
The acrid smell of smoke hung around the flat, which was boarded-up after the blaze was put out.
Two fire engines from Princes Street station rushed to the scene on St Helen's Street after the alarm was raised just after 4am today.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus spent just over an hour using one hose reel to extinguish the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The scene was declared safe at 5.20am. There were no injuries.
No-one was available at the flat for comment as The Evening Star went to press.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years