Floods cause traffic chaos
HORRIFIC weather brought traffic chaos to East Anglia this afternoon.Persistent rain, added to the already sodden conditions, led to the A12 being closed between Chelmsford and Marks Tey.
HORRIFIC weather brought traffic chaos to East Anglia this afternoon.
Persistent rain, added to the already sodden conditions, led to the A12 being closed between Chelmsford and Marks Tey.
January sales bargain-hunters from Suffolk faced a hellish journey home from shopping meccas Bluewater, in Kent, and Lakeside, in Essex.
Essex Police took the decision to close the road in both directions at about midday.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said parts of the road were standing under as much as six feet of water.
He said any decision to reopen the road would depend entirely on the weather as fire brigade pumps would prove useless under the sodden skies.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
A public announcement at Portman Road broke the bad news to football fans at Ipswich Town during the second half of the match against Milwall.
The news was a double whammy for visiting fans already watching their team being comfortably beaten by Town.
Any of them who had brought the car faced a doubly miserable journey back to south London.