Floral tributes at scene of fatal crash on A1156 Felixstowe Road which claimed life of motorcyclist Duane Cook
- Credit: Su Anderson
Floral tributes have been left at the scene of a crash which claimed the life of an Ipswich motorcyclist.
Duane Cook, 42, of Kings Way, died after a collision involving a Yamaha motorcycle and a Honda car on the A1156 Felixstowe Road at around 4.15pm on Tuesday.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance, two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance service officer were called to the incident. But despite efforts to save Mr Cook, he sadly died at the scene.
Half a dozen bunches of flowers paying tribute to Mr Cook have now been left at the scene.
After the collision, the A1156 Felixstowe Road was closed from the showground roundabout to the A14 junction while police investigators examined the scene. Straight Road was also closed.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still investigating and are asking witnesses to call police on 101, quoting CAD number 286 of March 29.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman added: “Police would like to thank those who have already passed on information.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out