Flytippers strike at beauty spot
SELFISH fly-tippers caused an eyesore today after dumping a load of household waste across a popular dog walking spot in Orwell Country Park.The dumped waste found on Gainsborough Lane, Ipswich, around 8am has outraged nearby residents as this is the fourth incident of its kind in the last few months.
SELFISH fly-tippers caused an eyesore today after dumping a load of household waste across a popular dog walking spot in Orwell Country Park.
The dumped waste found on Gainsborough Lane, Ipswich, around 8am has outraged nearby residents as this is the fourth incident of its kind in the last few months.
The pathway leading to the park has been strewn with items such as computer equipment, needles, children's clothes, meaning dog walkers have to be careful to navigate around the area.
The Evening Star has battled against illegal fly-tippers through its Dump the Dumpers campaign and is urging people to stay vigilant so the culprits can be caught.
You may also want to watch:
Rosalind Baldry, of Morland Road, spotted the rubbish and reported it to police, who then transferred the case to Ipswich Borough Council.
Another resident of Morland Road, Andy Chamberlain, regularly walks his dog down the path and often finds excessive amounts of rubbish left there.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
He said: “It is all types of rubbish, but mostly household waste. It is absolutely disgusting.
“It would not be so bad if this was the first time, but this has happened three or four times now. You get used to the burnt cars around here but this is just something else.
“I do shift work at the hospital so walk my dog along here at different times of the day. It is usually clear the night before, but I have seen it in a right mess at 6am so I think they must dump it overnight.”
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said: “The rubbish will be cleared today. If anyone has any information on this incident or spots anything else, contact the Cleaner Ipswich hotline on 01473 433000.”
n.Have you come across any incidents of fly-tipping? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.