Football manager assault charge
FOOTBALL manager Peter Gorham has been charged for assaulting the manager of a rival team, the Evening Star can reveal today.The alleged incident happened at an amateur football match between Willis and Kesgrave United and Brantham Athletic at AXA Sports Club in Tuddenham Road Ipswich on January 18.
FOOTBALL manager Peter Gorham has been charged for assaulting the manager of a rival team, the Evening Star can reveal today.
The alleged incident happened at an amateur football match between Willis and Kesgrave United and Brantham Athletic at AXA Sports Club in Tuddenham Road Ipswich on January 18.
When the referee prepared to blow the final whistle Willis equalised to snatch a Metaltec SIL Division One draw, as the Star reported on January 20.
Brantham manager Gorham is alleged to have assaulted Willis manager Paul Tietgen.
A police spokeswoman said today: "A 50-year-old Felixstowe man has been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and is due to appear in court on April 4."
The hearing at South East Suffolk magistrates Court on Friday is expected to be adjourned.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
Brantham Athletic play at the village's social club in New Village.
They currently play in division one of the Metaltec SIL league, after being relegated from the senior division where they were placed second from bottom last season, when Gorham was manager.