Footballers raise cash for fund
VIDEO More money has flooded into the Somebody's Daughter memorial fund thanks to generous footballers. To mark the official opening of Ipswich Borough Council's new Grafton House headquarters, a team of council staff took on employees from RG Carter, the firm who constructed the building.
MORE money has flooded into the Somebody's Daughter memorial fund thanks to generous footballers.
To mark the official opening of Ipswich Borough Council's new Grafton House headquarters, a team of council staff took on employees from RG Carter, the firm who constructed the building.
And after the final whistle had blown at the end of an enthralling 9-5 council victory, players dug deep to make a donation to the fund.
The cash will be added to the spiralling fund total, which stands at around £18,000.
The Somebody's Daughter fund was launched in the wake of the killings of five women in and around Ipswich during December.
The Evening Star, in conjunction with Ipswich Borough Council, created the fund to help vulnerable young people.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 6 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
It is aimed to raise enough cash to open a refuge for drug addicts and vice girls.
How to donate: Online at www.eveningstar.co.uk, in person at Ipswich Borough Council's customer service centre in the Town Hall, by calling 01473 433777, or by sending a cheque, made payable to Somebody's Daughter Memorial Fund, to PO Box 772, Ipswich Borough Council, Grafton House, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DE.
n. See www.eveningstar.co.uk for footage of the football match