Foreign driver had no insurance
FOREIGN motorist Valdas Cibulskas told a court he didn't know he needed to insure his car before driving it.But the unemployed 25-year-old was banned from driving for nine months for no insurance after journeying from Essex and being stopped at Levington, near Ipswich.
FOREIGN motorist Valdas Cibulskas told a court he didn't know he needed to insure his car before driving it.
But the unemployed 25-year-old was banned from driving for nine months for no insurance after journeying from Essex and being stopped at Levington, near Ipswich.
South East Suffolk Magistrates court heard Cibulskas had been convicted for the no insurance offence at an earlier trial.
The provisional licence holder was also found guilty of not having a test certificate and for driving without supervision and without displaying learner plates.
Cibulskas, who is currently living in Coniston Avenue, Barking, who already has six points on his licence told the court he wasn't aware of the insurance rules despite living in Britain for six years.
"I had the car for a couple of days and I wasn't aware it needed to be insured," he said.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 6 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 7 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
Magistrates gave him eight points on his licence for driving without insurance and fined him £280.
Cibulskas automatically qualifies for a driving ban because of his previous penalty points.
He was given no separate penalty for not having a valid MoT certificate and his licence was endorsed for driving without a proper licence. He was also ordered to pay £42 costs.