Former council chairman dies
JOY turned to tragedy as a leading councillor collapsed and died at a carol service in Ipswich.Ron Sudds is believed to have suffered a massive heart attack during Suffolk County Council's carol service at St Mary le Tower church last night.
JOY turned to tragedy as a leading councillor collapsed and died at a carol service in Ipswich.
Ron Sudds is believed to have suffered a massive heart attack during Suffolk County Council's carol service at St Mary le Tower church last night.
The Gainsborough councillor was chairman of Suffolk County Council last year and was in
Mr Sudds, 54, a county councillor for Gainsborough ward is believed to have suffered a heart attack during the county council's Christmas choir service at St Mary-Le-Tower church in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sudds is survived by his wife Marion and two children, Stephen and Hannah.
John Mowles, Borough Councillor for Gainsborough Ward said his colleague would be deeply missed.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
"Ron was somebody who was dedicated to his work and did a lot around the ward in terms of education – he was always in schools and it was a very important subject to him.
"He was Chairman of the County Council recently and he did a very good job – he always worked well with us borough councillors."
Mr Sudds had been involved in all aspects of county council life during his year as chairman, including starting work on the Ballingdon bridge reconstruction in Sudbury.
Last night's service was led by Rev Peter Townley, vicar of St Mary le Tower.
"He was a great servant to the town and the county. He carried out the duty of office with great distinction.
"Our thoughts are with Marion, Stephen, Hannah and the rest of the family at this sad time," he said.