Former Ipswich scout died after slip
IPSWICH Town scout Ron Gray died as a result of complications after fracturing his hip when he slipped in the shower.An inquest into the death of the 82-year-old heard that he was rushed to Ipswich Hospital after falling at Felixstowe Golf Club on October 3.
IPSWICH Town scout Ron Gray died as a result of complications after fracturing his hip when he slipped in the shower.
An inquest into the death of the 82-year-old heard that he was rushed to Ipswich Hospital after falling at Felixstowe Golf Club on October 3.
After the operation Mr Gray, who lived alone in Trimley, developed breathing problems and he was treated with antibiotics. Despite doctors doing everything they could, Mr Gray passed away on October 11.
Greater Suffolk coroner Dr Peter Dean said that officials from the Health and Safety Executive visited the golf course and could find no evidence of a problem with safety. He recorded a verdict of accidental death.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gray, a former manager of Millwall and Lincoln City, was well loved at Ipswich Town. He was credited with finding the young talent that kept the Blues near the top of English football for more than a decade during his 17 years at the club.
The club's chief scout under the management of both Sir Bobby Robson and Bobby Ferguson, was honoured by past and present players, coaches and Portman Road officials, at his funeral service held on October 25.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 9 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 10 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss
Sir Bobby Robson flew from Newcastle, together with former Ipswich coach Charlie Woods, now chief scout at St James' Park.