Former Ipswich Town and Colchester United midfielder Owen Garvan admits speeding in VW Golf
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Former Ipswich Town and Colchester United midfielder Owen Garvan has had his driving licence endorsed with six points for speeding and driving without insurance.
The 29-year-old, now of Drumcondra, Dublin, pleaded guilty by post at the magistrates court in Ipswich to the two offences.
Garvan was caught driving a VW Golf at 85mph on the 70mph stretch of the A12 between East Bergholt and Stratford St Mary on November 22 shortly before 12.40pm.
In addition to the penalty points a magistrates fined Garvan a total of £540 and ordered him to pay £85 costs and £44 to the victims’ fund.
Garvan left Colchester United for “personal reasons” in April this year. He made 50 league appearances for the Us after his transfer from Crystal Palace in the summer of 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Garvan previously spent six years with Ipswich, and five at Palace. Earlier this month he signed for St Patrick’s Athletic in Dublin.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot