Former Kesgrave Hall care worker appears in court on 16 child abuse charges
- Credit: Archant
A former care worker at Kesgrave Hall school has appeared in court charged with 16 offences of sexually abusing three children dating back nearly 40 years.
John McKno made his first appearance on the accusations before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court yesterday during a short hearing.
The 69-year-old, of Alby Hill, Alby, near Norwich, is accused of abusing the children at two schools, the other of which is in Devon.
McKno is charged with two allegations of gross indecency with a boy aged under 14 at Kesgrave between March 1, 1986, and March 30, 1987.
He is also accused of two indecent assaults and committing buggery on the same boy.
Three of the other charges relate to alleged indecent assaults on another boy under 14 at Kesgrave between the same dates.
Eight remaining allegations involve Beam College in Great Torrington.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 6 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 7 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 8 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 9 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
These include four charges of committing buggery with a boy under 16 between January 1, 1978 and December 31, 1979.
The other four allegations are of indecent assault on the same boy.
District Judge Celia Dawson committed McKno’s case to Ipswich Crown Court.
He was released on bail until his first appearance before the higher court for a preliminary hearing on April 23.
McKno was arrest last year as part of an inquiry into the former Kesgrave Hall School which closed in 1993.
After being given police bail, pending further enquiries, he was charged last month.