Former Kesgrave Hall care worker appears in court on 16 child abuse charges
- Credit: Archant
A former care worker at Kesgrave Hall school has appeared in court charged with 16 offences of sexually abusing three children dating back nearly 40 years.
John McKno made his first appearance on the accusations before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court yesterday during a short hearing.
The 69-year-old, of Alby Hill, Alby, near Norwich, is accused of abusing the children at two schools, the other of which is in Devon.
McKno is charged with two allegations of gross indecency with a boy aged under 14 at Kesgrave between March 1, 1986, and March 30, 1987.
He is also accused of two indecent assaults and committing buggery on the same boy.
You may also want to watch:
Three of the other charges relate to alleged indecent assaults on another boy under 14 at Kesgrave between the same dates.
Eight remaining allegations involve Beam College in Great Torrington.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
These include four charges of committing buggery with a boy under 16 between January 1, 1978 and December 31, 1979.
The other four allegations are of indecent assault on the same boy.
District Judge Celia Dawson committed McKno’s case to Ipswich Crown Court.
He was released on bail until his first appearance before the higher court for a preliminary hearing on April 23.
McKno was arrest last year as part of an inquiry into the former Kesgrave Hall School which closed in 1993.
After being given police bail, pending further enquiries, he was charged last month.