Former star returns to track
“YOU conquer or you die.”Those are the words of paralysed former Ipswich Witches star Kim Jansson, as he returned to Foxhall Stadium for the first time today since the crash eight months ago that changed his world.
“YOU conquer or you die.”
Those are the words of paralysed former Ipswich Witches star Kim Jansson, as he returned to Foxhall Stadium for the first time today since the crash eight months ago that changed his world.
The 27-year-old Swede, so popular on the terraces at Foxhall during his five-year spell with the Witches, is now confined to a wheelchair after breaking his back in a track crash in Sweden.
But despite his injuries Jansson is defiant his life goes onwards and upwards. And today he was at the Elite League clash between Ipswich and Lakeside to meet and greet fans who had helped him in his darkest days.
“You conquer or you die, that's my attitude towards this,” he says.
“After the accident the response of fans of speedway, especially Ipswich, was overwhelming. I never realised I meant so much to people.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle
“When I was lying in my hospital bed I was surrounded by hundreds of cards and letters. Yes there were dark times, of course, but also you suddenly take a look at your life.”