Former Suffolk student Buffy Milner taking America by storm in Hollywood
- Credit: Archant
A former Ipswich student has swapped the rural scenes of Suffolk for the glittering lights of Hollywood as she embarks on her film career in Los Angeles.
Bildeston 21-year-old Bethany Milner, known as Buffy, set off to study with the New York Film Academy in 2014 after completing her A-levels at One sixth form in Ipswich.
The budding young actress looks set to take the American film scene by storm, with a string of short films already under her belt, as well as a ream of musical, play and theatre performances.
She moved to California last year and has since rubbed shoulders with a host of A-list names, including Johnny Depp, Seth Rogen, Bryan Cranston, George Clooney, Charlize Theron and Ellen Degeneres.
Speaking last week, she said: “I live right next to the Warner Bros studios in Burbank and many of my classes and workshops are actually in Warner Bros and Universal Studios - we film there which is a lot of fun.
“The whole experience has been incredible and I’m having the best time.
“The highlight for me in New York was being on the set of the film A Bridge of Spies. I met Tom Hanks and Stephen Spielberg and stood by the camera with them as they filmed in the streets of Brooklyn as they made the entire street pour with rain. It was an unforgettable experience.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
“I have been working hard since I got here and have been in a few short films. I realised a few months ago that I now have a profile on IMDB which has a couple of my film credits on there.
“A few weeks ago I was in my first Screen Actors Guild film which was exciting. I have also been doing plays and keeping up with theatre since I have been here. I was in the musical The Circle of Life: An adaptation of The Lion King which was a lot of fun and a massive success - and I recently attended Sandra Bullock’s new film Our Brand is Crisis and was pictured on the red carpet.”
Deputy Principal at One, Jenny Milsom, said: “Buffy was a very talented actress and we are delighted that she is taking America by storm.
“There is nothing more satisfying then seeing one of our former students achieve great things, ultimately that is what we want for everyone who studies with us.”