Former Suffolk student Buffy Milner taking America by storm in Hollywood
- Credit: Archant
A former Ipswich student has swapped the rural scenes of Suffolk for the glittering lights of Hollywood as she embarks on her film career in Los Angeles.
Bildeston 21-year-old Bethany Milner, known as Buffy, set off to study with the New York Film Academy in 2014 after completing her A-levels at One sixth form in Ipswich.
The budding young actress looks set to take the American film scene by storm, with a string of short films already under her belt, as well as a ream of musical, play and theatre performances.
She moved to California last year and has since rubbed shoulders with a host of A-list names, including Johnny Depp, Seth Rogen, Bryan Cranston, George Clooney, Charlize Theron and Ellen Degeneres.
Speaking last week, she said: “I live right next to the Warner Bros studios in Burbank and many of my classes and workshops are actually in Warner Bros and Universal Studios - we film there which is a lot of fun.
“The whole experience has been incredible and I’m having the best time.
“The highlight for me in New York was being on the set of the film A Bridge of Spies. I met Tom Hanks and Stephen Spielberg and stood by the camera with them as they filmed in the streets of Brooklyn as they made the entire street pour with rain. It was an unforgettable experience.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 7 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 8 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
“I have been working hard since I got here and have been in a few short films. I realised a few months ago that I now have a profile on IMDB which has a couple of my film credits on there.
“A few weeks ago I was in my first Screen Actors Guild film which was exciting. I have also been doing plays and keeping up with theatre since I have been here. I was in the musical The Circle of Life: An adaptation of The Lion King which was a lot of fun and a massive success - and I recently attended Sandra Bullock’s new film Our Brand is Crisis and was pictured on the red carpet.”
Deputy Principal at One, Jenny Milsom, said: “Buffy was a very talented actress and we are delighted that she is taking America by storm.
“There is nothing more satisfying then seeing one of our former students achieve great things, ultimately that is what we want for everyone who studies with us.”