Former teacher denies sex charges
IT took a court clerk 20 minutes today to list former Stowmarket teacher Derek Cable's 23 alleged crimes and he denied every one.The counts of indecency with children and indecent assault on boys, spanned 13 years and involved seven alleged victims.
IT took a court clerk 20 minutes today to list former Stowmarket teacher Derek Cable's 23 alleged crimes and he denied every one.
The counts of indecency with children and indecent assault on boys, spanned 13 years and involved seven alleged victims.
At Bury Crown Court today Cable stood in the dock wearing a long brown trench coat, listening intently.
To each charge he carefully answered not guilty. There were 10 charges of indecency with a child and 13 charges of indecent assault on males, ranging between January 1970 and June 1983.
You may also want to watch:
The former music teacher aged 62, of Edgecomb Road, Stowmarket used to teach at Stowmarket Middle School and was vice president of Suffolk Concert Band.
An application was made by defence barrister Maria Dineen to hold the trial in Essex or Norfolk because Cable was so well known in Suffolk, was refused by Judge His Honour John Holt.
- 1 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 7 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
The case was listed for Ipswich Crown Court on a date to be fixed and Cable was granted conditional bail.