Former teacher denies sex charges
IT took a court clerk 20 minutes today to list former Stowmarket teacher Derek Cable's 23 alleged crimes and he denied every one.The counts of indecency with children and indecent assault on boys, spanned 13 years and involved seven alleged victims.
IT took a court clerk 20 minutes today to list former Stowmarket teacher Derek Cable's 23 alleged crimes and he denied every one.
The counts of indecency with children and indecent assault on boys, spanned 13 years and involved seven alleged victims.
At Bury Crown Court today Cable stood in the dock wearing a long brown trench coat, listening intently.
To each charge he carefully answered not guilty. There were 10 charges of indecency with a child and 13 charges of indecent assault on males, ranging between January 1970 and June 1983.
You may also want to watch:
The former music teacher aged 62, of Edgecomb Road, Stowmarket used to teach at Stowmarket Middle School and was vice president of Suffolk Concert Band.
An application was made by defence barrister Maria Dineen to hold the trial in Essex or Norfolk because Cable was so well known in Suffolk, was refused by Judge His Honour John Holt.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
The case was listed for Ipswich Crown Court on a date to be fixed and Cable was granted conditional bail.