Former teacher dismissed from court
THE trial of former Chantry High deputy head teacher Bryan Nelson has been disbanded.He had been due to stand trial today at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on child sex charges.
THE trial of former Chantry High deputy head teacher Bryan Nelson has been disbanded.
He had been due to stand trial today at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on child sex charges.
The 71-year-old internationally renowned sports coach had been charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
But after lengthy legal arguments it was decided the trial would not go ahead for a variety of reasons including a complex background case surrounding the defendant and his frail condition.
After he was discharged by Judge John Holt today, Nelson, of Woodbridge Road East, Ipswich refused to comment.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk