Former teacher dismissed from court
THE trial of former Chantry High deputy head teacher Bryan Nelson has been disbanded.He had been due to stand trial today at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on child sex charges.
THE trial of former Chantry High deputy head teacher Bryan Nelson has been disbanded.
He had been due to stand trial today at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on child sex charges.
The 71-year-old internationally renowned sports coach had been charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
But after lengthy legal arguments it was decided the trial would not go ahead for a variety of reasons including a complex background case surrounding the defendant and his frail condition.
You may also want to watch:
After he was discharged by Judge John Holt today, Nelson, of Woodbridge Road East, Ipswich refused to comment.
- 1 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 2 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 Man released on bail after central Ipswich stabbing