Former teacher dismissed from court
THE trial of former Chantry High deputy head teacher Bryan Nelson has been disbanded.He had been due to stand trial today at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on child sex charges.
THE trial of former Chantry High deputy head teacher Bryan Nelson has been disbanded.
He had been due to stand trial today at Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on child sex charges.
The 71-year-old internationally renowned sports coach had been charged with buggery and indecent assault on a male.
But after lengthy legal arguments it was decided the trial would not go ahead for a variety of reasons including a complex background case surrounding the defendant and his frail condition.
You may also want to watch:
After he was discharged by Judge John Holt today, Nelson, of Woodbridge Road East, Ipswich refused to comment.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season