Former town man stabbed by Essex gang
A FORMER Ipswich man was today recovering after being stabbed by a gang near his new home in Essex.The 43-year-old was attacked by a group of four men as he walked along Bocking End in Braintree.
A FORMER Ipswich man was today recovering after being stabbed by a gang near his new home in Essex.
The 43-year-old was attacked by a group of four men as he walked along Bocking End in Braintree.
He received a knife wound to his stomach and a cut to his head.
He was set upon as he walked passed the entrance to a Masonic Lodge in Bocking End.
Police today launched an appeal for information following the attack, which happened at about 10.40pm last night.
The victim, who had only lived in Braintree for a week since moving from Ipswich, was then taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford and was released after treatment.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
A police spokesman said: "One of the gang was described as white and in his late teens to early 20s."