Four arrested in night of drama
FOUR people have been arrested during a night of high drama at a Suffolk business park.A wide range of police resources was deployed to pounce on the four men - including dogs, helicopter and a car-stopping "stinger" device which punctured the wheels of the suspected getaway car.
FOUR people have been arrested during a night of high drama at a Suffolk business park.
A wide range of police resources was deployed to pounce on the four men - including dogs, helicopter and a car-stopping "stinger" device which punctured the wheels of the suspected getaway car.
One of the suspects even tried a watery escape route from the arms of the law by plunging into the River Gipping before police officers finally caught up with him.
Police were called to a report of a disturbance at the Claydon Industrial Park at Great Blakenham in the early hours today, said a police spokeswoman.
Shortly after midnight, the police helicopter was scrambled to keep a close eye on the surrounding country lanes as at least two police cars checked premises on the ground.
An anti-car "stinger" device was used to bring the suspected getaway car to a halt at nearby Barham. Three men were arrested but a fourth temporarily evaded arrest by jumping in to the River Gipping.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
He too was later arrested.
A police spokeswoman confirmed that four men – two 27-year-olds, a 19-year-old and a 22-year-old, all thought to be from the London area – were arrested following an incident at Claydon industrial estate.
"They are currently in custody at Bury St Edmunds police station where they will be interviewed later today," she added.