Four hurt in seaside road accident
A TRIMLEY teenager suffered serious head injuries in an early hours smash today.The 18-year-old woman was described as in a serious but stable condition in Ipswich Hospital as the Evening Star went to press.
A TRIMLEY teenager suffered serious head injuries in an early hours smash today.
The 18-year-old woman was described as in a serious but stable condition in Ipswich Hospital as the Evening Star went to press.
A police spokeswoman said the teenager was driving a Peugeot 106 which was involved in a crash with a Toyota Corolla in Viewpoint Road, Felixstowe at 2.30am.
She said a 17-year-old Felixstowe girl, who was a passenger in the Peugeot, escaped with minor head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Both occupants of the Corolla – a 23-year-old Felixstowe man and a 19-year-old woman – also suffered minor head injuries.
The spokeswoman said investigations were ongoing into the accident and was unable to shed any light as to how such an apparently serious accident happened in the dead-end road.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 3 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 6 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 9 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 10 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
Emergency services were called to the scene just before 2.30am.
Firefighters had to cut three of the four passengers out of the cars and ambulance crews rushed all four to Ipswich Hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses to help in the investigation of the crash. Anyone with information should call 01473 613500.