Four hurt in seaside road accident
A TRIMLEY teenager suffered serious head injuries in an early hours smash today.The 18-year-old woman was described as in a serious but stable condition in Ipswich Hospital as the Evening Star went to press.
A TRIMLEY teenager suffered serious head injuries in an early hours smash today.
The 18-year-old woman was described as in a serious but stable condition in Ipswich Hospital as the Evening Star went to press.
A police spokeswoman said the teenager was driving a Peugeot 106 which was involved in a crash with a Toyota Corolla in Viewpoint Road, Felixstowe at 2.30am.
She said a 17-year-old Felixstowe girl, who was a passenger in the Peugeot, escaped with minor head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Both occupants of the Corolla – a 23-year-old Felixstowe man and a 19-year-old woman – also suffered minor head injuries.
The spokeswoman said investigations were ongoing into the accident and was unable to shed any light as to how such an apparently serious accident happened in the dead-end road.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 6 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
Emergency services were called to the scene just before 2.30am.
Firefighters had to cut three of the four passengers out of the cars and ambulance crews rushed all four to Ipswich Hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses to help in the investigation of the crash. Anyone with information should call 01473 613500.