Four hurt in seaside road accident
A TRIMLEY teenager suffered serious head injuries in an early hours smash today.The 18-year-old woman was described as in a serious but stable condition in Ipswich Hospital as the Evening Star went to press.
A TRIMLEY teenager suffered serious head injuries in an early hours smash today.
The 18-year-old woman was described as in a serious but stable condition in Ipswich Hospital as the Evening Star went to press.
A police spokeswoman said the teenager was driving a Peugeot 106 which was involved in a crash with a Toyota Corolla in Viewpoint Road, Felixstowe at 2.30am.
She said a 17-year-old Felixstowe girl, who was a passenger in the Peugeot, escaped with minor head injuries.
Both occupants of the Corolla – a 23-year-old Felixstowe man and a 19-year-old woman – also suffered minor head injuries.
The spokeswoman said investigations were ongoing into the accident and was unable to shed any light as to how such an apparently serious accident happened in the dead-end road.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 7 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 10 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
Emergency services were called to the scene just before 2.30am.
Firefighters had to cut three of the four passengers out of the cars and ambulance crews rushed all four to Ipswich Hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses to help in the investigation of the crash. Anyone with information should call 01473 613500.