Four in hospital after car crash
FOUR people were taken to hospital after a three-car collision in Stowmarket.The accident happened at the junction of Gipping Way and Station Road opposite Barnards garage.
FOUR people were taken to hospital after a three-car collision in Stowmarket.
The accident happened at the junction of Gipping Way and Station Road opposite Barnards garage.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance service said four people were taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment and that two people refused treatment at the scene.
Suffolk police said the collision was reported at 8.24pm and involved a Nissan Sunny car and a Fiat Uno. The other vehicle involved in the crash is not known.
One person was trapped in the wreckage of the Nissan and had to be freed by firefighters.
The driver of the Nissan suffered head injuries and a badly broken arm. The driver of the Fiat suffered a fractured wrist and a broken jaw.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
A police spokeswoman said it was believed that the four people's injuries were not life threatening.
The road was blocked for a while to allow emergency services to deal with the accident.