Four in hospital after car crash
FOUR people were taken to hospital after a three-car collision in Stowmarket.The accident happened at the junction of Gipping Way and Station Road opposite Barnards garage.
FOUR people were taken to hospital after a three-car collision in Stowmarket.
The accident happened at the junction of Gipping Way and Station Road opposite Barnards garage.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance service said four people were taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment and that two people refused treatment at the scene.
Suffolk police said the collision was reported at 8.24pm and involved a Nissan Sunny car and a Fiat Uno. The other vehicle involved in the crash is not known.
You may also want to watch:
One person was trapped in the wreckage of the Nissan and had to be freed by firefighters.
The driver of the Nissan suffered head injuries and a badly broken arm. The driver of the Fiat suffered a fractured wrist and a broken jaw.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 8 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 9 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 10 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
A police spokeswoman said it was believed that the four people's injuries were not life threatening.
The road was blocked for a while to allow emergency services to deal with the accident.