Four vehicles in A14 pile-up
Four vehicles have been involved on a pile-up on the A14 today.
TWO separate crashes on a 250 metre stretch of the A14 caused traffic misery for motorists in Suffolk today.
The first smash involving five vehicles happened just before the Orwell Bridge on the Ipswich-bound carriageway of the busy road at about 5.15pm.
Then around five minutes later, and 250 metres further back on the same carriageway, another smash, this time involving three vehicles, happened near the Nacton junction.
No one was hurt in the first collision but a woman had to be cut from her gold Vauxhall Astra car by firefighters after the second accident which also involved a Toyota Hiace van and an Alpha Romeo car.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, believed to be in her forties, was then taken to Ipswich Hospital suffering with minor back injuries and another woman was also treated on the scene.
One lane of the carriageway was blocked as a result and long tailbacks formed around the Orwell Bridge, however the road has now been cleared by Suffolk police.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot