Were you at the Foxhall Stadium stock cars championship in 1972?
- Credit: David Kindred
Today we take you back to 1972 and Foxhall stadium, near Ipswich, where the stock car championship was held.
The stock cars and hot rods take to the track as they battle it out for the title of champion.
The stadium was packed out with excited spectators on a hot summers day in July.
There were crashes left right and centre as the competitors battled their way to the front.
Dave Pierce driving number 320 took the title in 1972, you can see him collecting his trophies.
You may also want to watch:
His racing career spanned from 1968-1980, during his time racing he won lots of world titles and had fans all over Europe.
Foxhall stadium is home to some big events such as the National Banger World Final and the National Hot Rod World Championship at the annual Spedeweekend.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 6 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 7 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 8 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 9 Eat like a Premier League footballer
- 10 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
The stock cars are still a big spectacle at Foxhall stadium in Suffolk, and it pulls in big crowds who follow the cars around the country to watch the best action.