Fred.Olsen bake off bumps up funds for Suffolk causes
- Credit: Archant
A bake off challenge helped to bring in £300 for three charities thanks to the efforts of staff at Ipswich-based cruise company Fred. Olsen.
A total of £173 was raised through a dress down day and bake off in aid of Suffolk Mind, Ipswich Hospital Baby Bereavement Group and Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
The company donated a further £127 to the cause to take the total raised to £300.
Staff were given four baking categories to enter: Best scone, best sponge cake, best savoury bake and best random bake.
Fred. Olsen’s judging panel had the hard task of choosing the individual category winners and an overall ‘best in show’.
Amanda Cresswell, chairwoman of the staff charity committee, said: “Once again, Fred. Olsen’s team of staff put in a huge amount of effort into baking and supporting our three designated staff charities. “We thank everyone for their hard-work, dedication and support, which all goes towards boosting funds for these three incredible local causes.”
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk