Free training for Sport Relief
BUDDING athletes will be able to train for the BBC's Sport Relief Mile at an Ipswich sports centre for free.Up to 10,000 people are expected to gather at Chantry Park, the official eastern region venue, on July 10 to run, walk, hop or jump the Mile.
BUDDING athletes will be able to train for the BBC's Sport Relief Mile at an Ipswich sports centre for free.
Up to 10,000 people are expected to gather at Chantry Park, the official eastern region venue, on July 10 to run, walk, hop or jump the Mile.
Ipswich Borough Council has teamed up with Sport Relief and, in the month prior to Sport Relief Saturday, anybody who has enrolled to take part in the Mile will be entitled to use the athletics track at Northgate Sports Centre free of charge.
All they have to do is take their special Sport Relief red sock and show it to the receptionist at Northgate.
You may also want to watch:
And as a reward for helping to 'sock it to poverty', for two weeks after the Mile anybody who shows a pair of Sport Relief red socks (preferably clean!) at Crown Pools will be entitled to swim free of charge.
Adam Baker, Ipswich Borough Council's Sports Development Manager said: "Now there's no excuse not to go the extra mile on Sport Relief Saturday. All we ask is that Milers give Northgate a ring before they go to check availability."
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
Northgate's number is 01473 433611.
The first Sport Relief was held in July 2002 and brought the world of sport together under one banner for the first time, raising an impressive £14.4 million.
If you haven't yet registered visit www.sportrelief.com or call 08712 444411 today.