Free weekend calls for BT customers
BT is to give customers free weekend calls.The telecoms giant said that from today all of its 14.8 million customers will no longer have to pay for weekend phone calls within the UK.
BT is to give customers free weekend calls.
The telecoms giant said that from today all of its 14.8 million customers will no longer have to pay for weekend phone calls within the UK. There will also be a revision of prices which BT said would see the cost of its two inclusive phone call plans cut from April.
But the will be increasing line rental charges by 75p to £11.75.
Under BT's unlimited weekend plan customers will receive free weekend calls - and if they take out a 12-month renewable contract they will also get free evening calls.
BT's unlimited evening and weekend plan would be cut by 22 per cent to £2.70 a month while the cost of a third plan, which gives free calls at any time, is being cut by 25pc to £5.95 a month.
The compay said it was increasing line rental charges from April for the first time in two years.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 6 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 7 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 10 Suffolk Pita festival returns for 10th anniversary
But it added that customers who used paper-free billing would see no change.
The price of daytime calls is also being increased from 3.25p a minute to 4p a minute.