Fresh appeal to hit and run driver
A FRESH appeal has been made to find the hit and run driver who killed a Suffolk pensioner. Thelma Driver, 81 was hit by blue van just yards from her home in Bury St Edmunds five months ago and her best friend Terri Fenner who was with her at the time has made a new appeal to find the driver.
A FRESH appeal has been made to find the hit and run driver who killed a Suffolk pensioner.
Thelma Driver, 81 was hit by blue van just yards from her home in Bury St Edmunds five months ago and her best friend Terri Fenner who was with her at the time has made a new appeal to find the driver.
The pensioner was crossing Out Northgate when she was hit by the van which carried on in the direction of the Mildenhall estate in Bury. She died less than 24 hours later at West Suffolk Hospital.
Mrs Fenner said if whoever was responsible had a conscience, they would no doubt think daily about Mrs Driver.
She added: “It has been hard. Things are getting a little better but it was a huge loss and I still miss her very much. It is difficult to put into words. She was an important part of the church and the area in which she lived. She was brought up in Out Northgate and apart from a little time away she lived there her whole life.
“I wish the person would come forward for their own sake as much as mine or the family's. It would give everybody a little closure. We don't even know if this person is local to Bury but I would urge them to come forward.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 7 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 8 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 9 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
“Thelma was a very active woman and she enjoyed life.”
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 01284 774100.