Full England game coming to Town
IPSWICH will stage an historic England football international next year.Sven Goran Eriksson's team will meet Croatia in a friendly at Portman Road on Wednesday, August 20.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH will stage an historic England football international next year.
Sven Goran Eriksson's team will meet Croatia in a friendly at Portman Road on Wednesday, August 20.
Suffolk fans can look forward to a first-ever visit from the full England team as they begin the final countdown to Euro 2004.
You may also want to watch:
Eriksson will be keen to field his strongest side in advance of key qualifiers against Macedonia, Liechtenstein and Turkey in the following weeks.
For full story see tonight's Evening Star…
- 1 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 2 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 6 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe