Full England game coming to Town
IPSWICH will stage an historic England football international next year.Sven Goran Eriksson's team will meet Croatia in a friendly at Portman Road on Wednesday, August 20.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH will stage an historic England football international next year.
Sven Goran Eriksson's team will meet Croatia in a friendly at Portman Road on Wednesday, August 20.
Suffolk fans can look forward to a first-ever visit from the full England team as they begin the final countdown to Euro 2004.
You may also want to watch:
Eriksson will be keen to field his strongest side in advance of key qualifiers against Macedonia, Liechtenstein and Turkey in the following weeks.
For full story see tonight's Evening Star…
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home