Fun for all as play centre opens
YOUNGSTERS enjoyed a fun afternoon as a £300,000 play centre was officially opened in Gainsborough.Ipswich Mayor Roger Fern cut the ribbon at The Landseer Play Centre, in Hogarth Road as children were entertained with activities that included making sculptures, riding crazy bikes, and tye dying.
YOUNGSTERS enjoyed a fun afternoon as a £300,000 play centre was officially opened in Gainsborough.
Ipswich Mayor Roger Fern cut the ribbon at The Landseer Play Centre, in Hogarth Road as children were entertained with activities that included making sculptures, riding crazy bikes, and tye dying.
The building opened in November but the official launch was timed to coincide with the National Playday celebrations.
Activities for youngsters have been provided in the south-east of the town since 1981, but, until now, from a temporary home.
The Landseer Play Centre cost £300,000 and was funded by Ipswich Borough Council's community improvements programme.
Youngsters were consulted throughout the design process and the building has a kitchen, storerooms, toilets, office space for play service staff and space for activities.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
- 10 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
Two years ago the nearby Landseer Play Area opened after receiving community improvements programme funding and support from BBC's Children in Need. The council hoped that the new play centre would compliment these play facilities.