Fun for all the family at Martlesham
VIDEO AN aviation fun day saw model aircraft swoop over Martlesham and vintage cars beep their horns.Martlesham Heath Aviation Society held its annual event yesterday with a brass band playing and a variety of military and classic vehicles on display.
AN aviation fun day saw model aircraft swoop over Martlesham and vintage cars beep their horns.
Martlesham Heath Aviation Society held its annual event yesterday with a brass band playing and a variety of military and classic vehicles on display.
There was also an opportunity to visit a secret underground bunker near the site of the old control tower at the former air base.
Bob Dunnett, chairman of the society, said: “It was an excellent day. We had an old bus giving people tours around the old airfield which was full every time.
You may also want to watch:
“And taking people into the bunker meant we were able to give people an idea of what it was like during the blitz.”
Are you holding an event? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront